- AB Noske, AJ Costin, GP Morgan and BJ Marsh, Expedited approaches to whole cell electron tomography and organelle mark-up in situ in high-pressure frozen pancreatic islets, (2007) J Struct Biol.
.....(pubmed website) | (direct download)
- T McComb, O Cairncross, AB Noske, DL Wood, BJ Marsh and MA Ragan. IllouraTM: a software tool for analysis, visualization and semantic querying of cellular and other spatial biological data, (2009) Bioinformatics. 25:1208-1210.
Invited Book Chapter:
- AB Noske, BJ Marsh. Mapping the beta cell in 3D at the nanoscale using novel cellular electron tomography and computational approaches. (2011) BetaSys - Systems biology of regulated exocytosis in pancreatic beta cells. Springer-Verlag. Chapter 9. ***
- AB Noske, GP Morgan, AJ Costin, J Galea, MA Ragan, BJ Marsh. Estimating section collapse of cellular tomograms by analysis of roughly spherical compartments. J Struct Biol. (submitted: Dec 2009).
- AB Noske, J Galea, AJ Costin, GP Morgan, MA Ragan, BJ Marsh. Efficient segmentation of cellular tomograms using novel interpolation techniques. J Struct Biol. (submitted: Dec 2009)..
- AB Noske, O Cairncross, G Johnson, AJ Costin, GP Morgan, MA Ragan and BJ Marsh. New approaches for the quantitative visualization and analysis of mammalian membrane traffic using 3D spatial image data derived from high-resolution cellular tomograms. Traffic.
Invited Talks (*Competitively Selected):
- 2007 - Winter School in Mathematical & Computational Biology, ARC Centre in Bioinformatics & University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- 2007 - Boulder Laboratory for 3D Electron Microscopy of Cells, Dept. of Molecular, Cellular & Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, USA
- 2008 - 'Systems Biology' symposium, Queenstown Molecular Biology meeting, Queenstown, New Zealand - 4/9/2008 ***
- 2008 - 'Mitochondrial Imaging and Dynamics' symposium, AussieMit workshop, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia - 27/11/2008 **
- 2009 - 'Pre- and post-processing methods for segmentation, denoising and feature detection of ET datasets' session, Asia-Pacific Congress on Electron Tomography, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia* - 6/2/2009 **
- Monday Midday Meeting (Brisbane, Australia) - 24/11/2008
- Computational Biology Forum (Brisbane, Australia) - 2008
- Structural Biology Forum (Brisbane, Australia) - 2006,2007,2008
- 2007 - AB Noske, GP Morgan and BJ Marsh. Methods for more accurate/efficient 3D reconstruction of mammalian cells by electron tomography (ET). American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB) annual meeting, Washington, DC, USA - 6/12/2007 **
- 2009 - BJ Marsh, AB Noske, GP Morgan, O Cairncross, MA Ragan, G Johnson. Structure-function complexity of the insulin secretory pathway revealed from comparative whole cell maps of insulin-secreting beta cells reconstructed in 3D at 10-15nm resolution using cellular electron tomography. American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB) annual meeting, San Diego, CA, USAAmerican Society
- 2009 - G Johnson, AB Noske, M Al-Alusi, GP Morgan, BJ Marsh, D Goodsell, A Olson. Automated visualization of subcellular environments: electron tomography in the proteomics era. American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB) annual meeting, San Diego, CA, USA
In this sections are two of my first attemps at scientific writing during my honours year at James Cook University.
- 2004 Dynamic Range Queries in Vector Space - This literature review was the first piece
of scientific writing I've ever done, and, like most first attempt,
was nothing special.
- 2004 Efficient
Algorithms for Molecular Dynamics Simulations and Other Dynamic Spatial
Join Queries - This is my honours project, which help earn me a class one.
In this paper I proposed and tested several new and existing methods
of speeding up pair-wise particle interaction. I do have a warning though
that there is a significant mistake in results I need to fix (when I
get the chance) before I consider publishing it.