Job interview questions
On this page I'll compile a list of job interview questions people often come across and, just as important, some questions you can/should ask the interviewer if given a chance.
Questions for the Interviewer
- What do you expect me to accomplish in the first 60 to 90 days?
- shows that you want to hit the ground running and make a difference right away
- What are the common attributes of your top performers?
- shows you want to be a top performer - and also gives insight into what attributes (initiative, working overtime, etc) the company most values
- What are a few things that really drive results for the company?
- shows that you want the company to succeed - new employees are an investment, and you want that to pay off
- What do employees do in their spare time?
- might be tricky to answer, but could also show employees interact outside of work and can maintain a personal / balance life.
- How do you plan to deal with...?
- here you can research if there's any big competitors or challenges facing the company.
- I'd love to hear more about what you do at the company. (in cases where interviewing is not the person's primary role)
- everyone loves talking about themselves
- Inc.com - 5 Questions Great Job Candidates Ask - where 5 of my questions came from.