About This Page
I used this place to help apply for a room in San Francisco (California) in Feb 2018.
My Room Application
- Topic: Driven 34 y/o Aussie Google engineer looking for a room to rent in SF area
- Status: FOUND A PLACE IN NOB HILL (moving in March 1st) !!!! Thanks to all who helped. :)
- Age/Gender: ....... 34 y/o male.
- Job: .................... Google Maps engineer @ Mountain View campus (before that a neuroscience postdoc), and Google has free buses from the city.
- Status: ................ Single. Slowly getting back into dating soon... here's my embarrassing dating video to see my personality.
- Move reason: .......... I'm currently renting room in Sunnyvale with a lovely friend, however her father has health issues and she need to take him back. Fortunately my lease is flexible (month to month) but I need to move out before March 10.
- Ideal room: .............. Furnished, near Mission, decent amount of space
(I gave away most of my furniture a year ago because I needed an update!).
Looking to live at least 6 months. Shared room with others $900-1500 would be nice (hopefully some privacy to the room though!)... or maybe a studio if it's around $2500 or below. I'm trying to save money to buy my own place in the next couple of years.
- Ideal room-mate(s): ........... I'm single and dating, and honestly, the last place I lived in (prior to the current one) I got surprised when I was told I wasn't really allowed guests / overnight guests - because that really makes dating hard! Who wants to date a guy in that situation. Ideally I would be living with people around my age, maybe younger, because I do like to go out dancing a great deal (not so much drinking, but definitely dancing), and I'm a social creature. I like the idea of a housemate who we can go out together and challenge each other in our personal and professional lives. :)
- Ideal move date: ..... Anytime before March 10 st. I'm not tied to a lease, which is nice. :)
- Linked in: ........ www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-noske-641ab75/
- Facebook: ........ www.facebook.com/andrew.noske
- Website: .......... andrewnoske.com/wiki/Room_application (you're looking at it)
I've lived 5 years in silicon Valley and... well it's a bit boring. I'm excited to try living somewhere different. :)
My main interests: dancing, hiking, hanging out with friends.
- Tools - www.padmapper.com sfbay.craigslist rooms craigslist apts roomster profile google housing-sfo spreadsheet spothero monthly kayak.com
- Crime: trulia crime map crimemapping (search "SF" for "prev 3 days") poopmap